June 5, 2023


pets keep it coming

Fresno family loses home and 10 pets in fire

2 min read
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) — When Shaundra Wilcox was driving property Friday evening, she by no means imagined she would pull up and see this.

Crews responded to a fire at the home she and her family members rent near Thomas and Adoline in Central Fresno

“It is unimaginable viewing anything go up in smoke and viewing your 17-year-previous daughter protected in ash,” she claimed.

Saundra claims her daughter and roommate have been household at the time and all got out properly. But her partner went back again inside of for the animals.

Shaundra and her loved ones are animal enthusiasts and even foster susceptible cats and dogs to finally undertake.

Her partner and firefighters had been equipped to rescue six cats and puppies.

“They are heroes, all of them,” she claimed. “Everyone that was there that night time was a hero.”

But not just about every animal was saved. Ten cats and canine were being killed in the fireplace. Some foster animals, some animals of their have.

“They were our toddlers,” Wilcox mentioned. “They had been not animals. They have been our toddlers.”

Shaundra says her daughter is distraught after losing the cats who gave her consolation.

“She had to leave her very own cats at the rear of,” Shaundra mentioned. “She is on the spectrum and individuals are her aid animals.”

Hearth officials have ruled the fireplace as accidental and say it may have been prompted by an overloaded circuit — not uncommon in more mature properties.

The family members claims an following-marketplace all-in-one charging station for a smartwatch, ear pods and cellular phone procured on Amazon was amongst the equipment plugged into that outlet.

They are warning other households to choose caution with the units they use in their houses.

Fireplace investigators say, they can not pinpoint the specific reason the circuit caught fire. It will be up to an insurance investigator to decide if a precise system led to the blaze.

Amazon unveiled the following assertion: “We are deeply saddened by this report and are at the moment investigating. Safety is a top precedence at Amazon. We need all products and solutions made available in our store to comply with relevant legal guidelines and regulations and have formulated industry-major tools to reduce unsafe or non-compliant products from currently being stated in our outlets.”

Shaundra and her relatives did have a compact renter’s insurance coverage plan but that revenue will only get them so significantly as they start off around.

A GoFundMe has been begun for the family members.

Copyright © 2022 KFSN-Television. All Rights Reserved.